[SciPy-user] SciPy COW seems to work - but no info()

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 17 12:34:19 EDT 2006

Hi,
I found a very informative (even if from 2004) online video stream +
powerpoint at
https://www.nanohub.org/resources/?id=99
(you need to create an account and answer lot's of stupid questions [why is
this ?] )

Anyway: I heard about COW ! A simple SciPy module to execute Python in
parallel distributed across multiple machines.
It is still around in the new SciPy - in the sandbox. I compiled it and it
seems to do the simple tests given in the doc strings.
Thanks !! Great work !!

The only exception seem to be the
cluster.info()
command which is supposed to list each cluster node together with it's CPU
type and so on, e.g.:
#            >>> cluster.info()
#          MACHINE   CPU        GHZ   MB TOTAL  MB FREE   LOAD
#            bull      2xP3       0.5     960.0     930.0   0.00
#            bull      2xP3       0.5     960.0     930.0   0.00

[
BTW:  how do you make sure that a two CPU node will make use of both CPUs ?
Do you just have to list it twice with two different port numbers ?
]

The traceback:
    print c.info()
  File "<..>cow/cow.py", line 470, in info
    results = self.info_list()
  File "<..>cow/cow.py", line 538, in info_list
    import numpy.distutils.proc as numpy_proc
ImportError: No module named proc

What is numpy_proc supposed to be ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase