[SciPy-user] install location of the newcore header files

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Mon Oct 10 15:21:34 EDT 2005

Gerard Vermeulen wrote:

>I finally discovered where the header files get installed when reading CAPI.txt;
>on the scip-dev list it is argued that the Python include directory is not a
>standard place for headers.
>
>This amazes me, because the first 100-150 lines of distutils/command/install.py
>spell out the default install directories for different type of files; and header
>files are supposed to be installed in the Python include directory.

Thanks for this feedback.  I'm not a big fan of putting the headers in a
different place, myself.  So, perhaps a better solution can be arrived
at that still let's people who can't install to the standard header
directories use the sytem.

Knowing where the headers are installed is definitely important for
developers.

-Travis