[SciPy-user] Re: Enthought python

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 11:30:33 EDT 2005

Sorry about the html e-mail thing.  I have been asked before, but I use
several different computers and apparently haven't set this one
correctly.  It should be taken care of now.

I tried placing vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll in all of the places you
mentioned with no success.

I went into def vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets(interp): and specifically
appended the pathlist with a location where I had the dll installed:
pathlist.append('C:\\Python23\\Lib\\site-packages\\vtk_python\\vtk\\tk')

I also turned on the python debugger and here is what I learned:

(Pdb) fullpath
'C:\\Python23\\lib\\site-packages\\vtk_python\\vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll'
(Pdb) import os
(Pdb) os.path.exists(fullpath)
True
(Pdb) n

c:\python23\lib\site-packages\vtk_python\vtk\tk\vtkloadpythontkwidgets.py(62)v
tkLoadPythonTkWidgets()
-> if interp.eval('catch {load '+fullpath+' '+pkgname+'}') == '0':
(Pdb) interp.eval('catch {load '+fullpath+' '+pkgname+'}')
'1'
(Pdb) pkgname
'Vtkrenderingpythontkwidgets'
(Pdb)

So apparently, the dll is being found and its original location was
fine, but the package Vtkrenderingpythontkwidgets cannot be found within
the dll (I guess).

Ryan