[SciPy-user] SciPy and PyGSL

Richard Muller rpm at wag.caltech.edu
Fri Mar 28 09:57:05 EST 2003

I've been spending a little time getting to know the Gnu Scientific
Library. It shares a lot of the strengths with SciPy. I notice that
there is a fledgling effort to make python wrappers to the GSL, and I
now wonder how the SciPy community sees such an effort: competition,
fellow warriors, or potential successor?

I for one would like to see the GSL become more of a standard in the
scientific computing field, so I'd like to see PyGSL get support. But
not necessarily at the expense of SciPy. Thoughts?

Rick

Rick Muller
rpm at wag.caltech.edu
http://wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm