[SciPy-user] Error Compiling Scipy

Jeffrey Stephens jsteve17 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 19 17:00:24 EST 2003

help?

> The reason why given Scipy tarball lacks gistCmodule.c, in fact the
> whole module is missing, is that it was generated under windows system
> that skips xplt module.
> Currently I recommend using Scipy from its CVS repository.
> Or you can disable xplt module from scipy setup.py file in order to finish
> scipy build.
>
> Pearu

Thanks.  I commented out the code, and the compile finished.  I just tried
running the tests, and got some errors followed by a segmentation fault.
I think I may have hosed the installation, because I first installed the from
binary, but got an immediate segmentation fault as soon as executed:

		>>> from scipy import *

So then I downloaded the source tarball and installed that over the binary.
What would you recommend?  Should I delete everything, and start over?
If so, should I download from CVS instead of using the source tarball?  Also,
I didn't pay any attention to where the installed files went.  Can they be
conveniently deleted by removing a directory or directories?  Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff S