[SciPy-Dev] potential scikits package

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:40:22 EDT 2010

Hello,

Recently I have developed a package to read IDL save files into Python, at http://idlsave.sourceforge.net/. The code is now very robust, and works for many different IDL save files of varying complexity (including structures). Since this is something that is likely to be most useful for scientists, I was wondering whether it is a good candidate to make into a scikits package. In the long run it is likely this package (if re-licensed with a BSD licence) might be considered for inclusion in scipy? I noticed functions in scipy to read in matlab files, so this is along the same lines.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Thomas