[SciPy-dev] 0.8 release date?

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Sun Feb 21 20:31:11 EST 2010

Warren Weckesser wrote:
> Is there currently a target date (even a tentative one) for the release
> of 0.8?

Not that I know of, but I think it would be good to have one. I would
also like to have a binary release for scipy which is compatible with
whatever version will be used for numpy based on 1.4.x branch, something
like:
	- Scipy 0.8.0 and Numpy 2.0.
	- Scipy 0.7.2 and Numpy 1.4.x

This only concerns binaries - at the source level, I think both numpy
1.4.x and 2.0 can be used against scipy trunk (at least the scipy trunk
as recent as last week works well with 1.4.x, that's what I am using for
my own work).

The big question is whether we should release scipy 0.8.0 without caring
about py3k compatibility at all, in which case we could aim at a release
in April, and go into bug fixing mode only from now.

cheers,

David