Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Feb 23 16:30:57 EST 2009

Hi Josef

2009/2/23  <josef.pktd at gmail.com>:
> I agree it is a good idea, theoretically, but
>
> Maybe I'm slightly pessimistic, but almost the only comment or review
> for my bugfixes in scipy.stats that I got, were from Per Brodtkorb,
> and my tickets and patches were sitting for half a year in trac.. If I
> have to wait for a review, then ...

I hope that, if we have a decent workflow in place, this kind of thing
won't happen any longer.  I can't go onto trac and search for "tickets
with patches that needs review".  Whenever I have time, I try to close
bugs and review patches, but more often than not it takes a very long
time just to access all the required info from Trac.

I remember spending a full day reviewing your changes to
distributions.  Unfortunately, technology thwarted us there as well.
You had one huge patch, that you then very carefullly split into
parts, but I never managed to merge your changes with my tree.  Then
you got SVN access and, well, the rest is SVN history.

> (and I'm still waiting for 2 fixes to numpy.random)

See, I didn't know that :)  I would review it for you right now, but I
waited 60 seconds and then got 500 Internal Server Error.

Regards
Stéfan