[SciPy-dev] doc question: special.orthogonal.p_roots and co

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:14:38 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:47 AM, josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> In rev 6070 Pauli added an __all__ dict to orthogonal.py that does not
>
> include those functions. I think pydocweb only generates pages for
>
> objects
>
> in __all__ if that exists. So it looks like that is the reason.
>
> Should all the xx_roots funcs be in __all__ in your opinion?
>
> I agree with Josef, and think they should be in the __all__.
> They are a simpler way to access just the roots and weights.   They are
> documented themselves (which is usually an indicator that they are intended
> to be used outside the single file).
> I'll add them to the __all__ if there are no strong objections.
> -Travis
> --
> Travis Oliphant
> Enthought Inc.
> 1-512-536-1057
> http://www.enthought.com
> oliphant at enthought.com

So, are there any pending doc changes that need to be made as a result
of this thread?  (IIUC, it was _either_ the functions should be added
to __all__, _or_ the module docstring needed to be changed, and since
I see no objections, I presume Travis added them to __all__, and thus
no doc changes were/are required - correct?)