[SciPy-dev] Announce: First installable version of Chaco plotting toolkit is now available

Fernando Perez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Fri Sep 20 22:53:05 EDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Travis N. Vaught wrote:

> Fernando,
>
> There was just a wxPython release (2.3.3.1) on the 16th, I believe, and that
> one broke chaco on my (windows) machine--so there are definitely some issues
> there.  It does work nicely with a prior version, however, and I know David
> Morrill is looking into the issues with the new release.
>
> I downloaded 2.3.2.1 from sourceforge
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718 and it worked
> great (not the hybrid, but the regular version).

Thanks for the tip, but no cigar. I've put:

root[wxwindows]# rpm -qa | grep wx
wxPython-2.3.2.1-1
wxGTK-2.3.2-1

and made sure that no other wx-related files where anywhere on the system.
Same symptoms/segfault I mentioned before. I'll give the wxPython 2.2 series a
shot just to see what happens.

Cheers,