[SciPy-dev] Re: Octave array formatting examples

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Feb 18 16:04:52 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Fernando Pérez wrote:

> But let's see where the discussion goes, and if there is indeed some
> consensus on using IPython for scipy, I'll try to whip out some
> proof-of-concept code. But the IPython design is exactly adapted to this, so
> the only limiting factor right now is my time, nothing else. Anyone who
> wishes to jump in is welcome to do so, I can guide them a bit through the
> code.

Seems that nowbody is really against using ipython as an interactive
interface to scipy. I have not used ipython myself (as I hardly use
python from its prompt) but it seems to be really suitable for interactive
scipy sessions.

I would say that let's go for it and if anybody has anything to say
against using ipython as an interactive interface to scipy then say it now
or be silent for ever ... ;)

Pearu