[scikit-learn] StackOverflow Documentation

Joel Nothman joel.nothman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 00:25:55 EDT 2016

StackOverflow has introduced its Documentation space, where scikit-learn is
a covered subject: http://stackoverflow.com/documentation/scikit-learn. The
project is a little interesting, and otherwise somewhat
exasperating/tiring, given the overlap with our own documentation efforts,
which we would like to see continually improve and maintain alignment with
the codebase.

Currently there seem to be two contributors. One
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/3580365/gal-dreiman> appears to have been
copy-pasting official scikit-learn documentation, while the other
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/3510736/ami-tavory> has produced original
material. From a license perspective, copy-pasted material might be okay
with attribution and reference to a BSD licence, with the assumption that
it is then double-licensed (BSD and CC-BY-SA) if copied from SO.

But I assume that copying without attribution is actually plagiarism and
should be reverted, while we should discourage copying with attribution: if
SO Documentation for scikit-learn has its place, it should be different to
the official reference...?