Algorithm to 'walk' along a line from an endpoint by N pixels

Robin Wilson r.t.wilson.bak at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 29 11:28:24 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses.

Stefan - that is a lovely idea which I started to work with, but then
realised that if my line is curved (for example, U shaped) then the
distance transform will give smaller distances to some of the points than
should be given: eg. starting at the top of the U on the left, the top of
the U on the right would have a lower distance to the starting point than
one of the pixels at the bottom of the U).

Jean-Pat - your code looks very similar to the code I've started to write.
I'll probably take some of your ideas and merge them into my code, if
that's ok.

Thanks,

Robin