GUI tools and upsizing

Guillaume Gay guillaume at mitotic-machine.org
Mon Feb 20 06:11:16 EST 2012

Ok, I can give it a try...

Some questions then:

- skivi is pure Qt, so must I keep it that way (no matplotlib dependency)?
- skivi is good for RGB images, but not so much for greyscale... Also
data conversion from uint16 to uint8 turns everything black (it set
anything > 256 to 0), shall this be corrected?
-Christoph Gohlke tifffile.imshow() is somehow closer to what us
microscopy guys are expecting (more suitable for those greyscale
multipage tiffs), though some features of the fancy viewer such as the
contrast settings, are great. Also it is a pure matplotlib
implementation and the intensity value reading is already there. So my
question is:
Are those tools needed by the general image analysis skimage community
are more by scientific tiff users? If the latest, my guess is that
building on top of matplotlib and Christoph's implementation of imshow
is a better tactic (plus it would be more cross platform, as this can be
a widget irrespective of the backend).

Cheers,

Guillaume