[Pythonmac-SIG] Building plans .....

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Mar 15 07:38:58 EDT 2020

> On 15 Mar 2020, at 03:11, Christopher Barker <pythonchb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Jack.
>
> But I'm still confused about a technical question:
>
> Does having python itself in a Framework enable anything that having it outside a Framework won't let you do?

AFAIK the only difference for this discussion is the “Python.app” trick, and that can be accomplished outside of a framework build as well (but currently is not).

Two other differences:
- A framework build is easier to integratie into applications that are built using Xcode (just drop the framework into list of used frameworks)
- py2app currently doesn’t work properly with a Unix build

Ronald

—

Twitter: @ronaldoussoren
Blog: https://blog.ronaldoussoren.net/