[Pythonmac-SIG] PyObjC and macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 14 12:44:36 EST 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> If we were to add s PyObjC build to conda-forge, the full stack should
> "just work".
>
> And conda forge has s CI system set up to auto build for various python
> versions....
>
> http://conda-forge.github.io/#add_recipe
>

> Why would this be necessary?  Can't conda just install the wheels from
> PyPI?

Well, maybe -- conda has grown better support for pip lately, so it may
work OK.

Back in the day, mixing conda and pipi got ugly fast, so I far prefer to
make a native conda package for everything.

conda also has a non-framework build of Python -- not sure if that would
cause any issues with the wheels.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov