[Pythonmac-SIG] PyCon..

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Mar 11 16:48:50 CET 2012

On 10 Mar, 2012, at 22:57, Ned Deily wrote:

> In article <20120311020302.GA31488 at illinois.edu>,
> Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu> wrote:
>> I'm at PyCon (with a laptop/external drive that has 10.6, 10.7 and
>> 10.8 installed, so I can do some testing across OSes) and should be
>> able to spend a day or two sprinting on MacPython.
>
> Great!
>
> Thanks, Ronald, for the summary.   The highest-priority items I think
> are to get Python 3.3 ready for release

One thing to look into w.r.t. is to look at the new functions in the os/posix module (and possibly other extension modules as well)

1) Do or could these work on OSX

2) How does the affect the installer, in particular w.r.t. symbols available on the build machine but not on earlier OSX releases. Posixmodule.c already contains some code to deal with this for a number of functions.

Issue 1404  <http://bugs.python.org/issue14104> is about adding a monotonic timer to the OSX port, with the same interface as is used for the linux port.

Ronald