[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App libpng12.0.dylib

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Aug 15 09:20:55 CEST 2012

On 13 Aug, 2012, at 18:38, Jay L. <jzl5325 at psu.edu> wrote:

> List,
>
> Using py2app to bundle scripts which depend on GDAL (libgdal.1.dylib).  Gdal, in turn, depends on libpng12.0.dylib.  On my build machine the bundled app works wonderfully.  On another machine I am receiving an "Incompatible library version" error, specifying that libgdal.1.dylib requires libpng12.0.dylib required version 47.0.0 or later.  /usr/X11/lib/libpng.12.0.dylib provides version 45.0.0.
>
> Can I manually include the correct version of libpng12.0.dylib, bundled with my app?

Yes, just link GDAL with a copy of libpng that is not in a system location. Py2app won't include files in system locations into the application bundle, and uses dependency information in the binaries to locate the libraries it should include. That dependency information contains the full path to the required shared libraries, just having a copy of libpng12.0.dylib will therefore not work but you have to link libgdal to that copy.

Ronald