[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App libpng12.0.dylib

Jay L. jzl5325 at psu.edu
Mon Aug 13 18:38:08 CEST 2012

List,

Using py2app to bundle scripts which depend on GDAL (libgdal.1.dylib).
 Gdal, in turn, depends on libpng12.0.dylib.  On my build machine the
bundled app works wonderfully.  On another machine I am receiving an
"Incompatible library version" error, specifying that libgdal.1.dylib
requires libpng12.0.dylib required version 47.0.0 or later.
 /usr/X11/lib/libpng.12.0.dylib provides version 45.0.0.

Can I manually include the correct version of libpng12.0.dylib, bundled
with my app?

Build machine:
OSX 10.6.8
Python 2.7 64-bit installed via Homebrew

Testing Machine:
OSX 10.6.7
System Python (not that that should matter, because my 64-bit python should
be bundled)

I tried adding the frameworks option to setup.py, but without success.  I
added another libpng12.0.dylib that was on my system.

My setup.py:

"""
This is a setup.py script generated by py2applet

Usage:
    python setup.py py2app
"""

from setuptools import setup

PACKAGES=['osgeo']

APP = ['PyStretch.py']
DATA_FILES = []
OPTIONS = {'compressed':True,
           'packages': PACKAGES,
           'frameworks':['/isis3/isis/3rdParty/lib/libpng12.0.dylib']}

setup(
    app=APP,
    data_files=DATA_FILES,
    options={'py2app': OPTIONS},