[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app not including /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Tue Jan 25 07:57:58 CET 2011

Thank you all for your attention to this matter.

I should clarify-  My apps are used in intense live animation production applications.

Having an app the runs like an app, can be executed from the dock and in all
aspects seems like a real Mac- app, for me, makes it possible to experiment with
new  models of media production. This is  my stock-and-trade.

While --I --can  run the app as a python script and deal with the strange python
menu that shows up.  Not everyone can.

In the heat of production having an bundled app w/ icons &c., makes our situation
much less stressful and much less prone to error. So,...py2app.  It looks like an  app,
smells like app and, most importantly acts like an app. It  may be  a small  quality in
an app. but it is  a very  important  quality in an app for what I do.

Adding insult to injury, I am constantly in development. So ... I am never ready to commit
(no pun intended). I need to fix things at a crucial moment. I need to add a  featur
 that no one anticipated.  I can't be rigid and orthodox here

py2app is 99.9 percent exactly what I need.  It it excellent and has been a terrific
help to me a and to the the community.  I just got lost and frustrated in the
morass of development.

Using Apple's installed python means one less install and, one less opportunity
for problem.  It is probably shortsighted.  Given everything, installing a python.org
version of python might make things more consistent and easier.

thans again --