[Pythonmac-SIG] aemreceive/py-appscript and 64-bit

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Thu Sep 10 22:19:16 CEST 2009

Greetings.

On Sat Aug 29 00:16:19 CEST 2009, Christopher Barker said:

> export PYENCHANT_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/libenchant.dylib
>
> This worked just great when I started Peppy from the command line, but
> when I started it from an application bundle, it failed, which I'm
> pretty sure is because apps started in bundles don't have the shell's
> environment variables.

That's correct.  They're started as children of launchd (if I recall
correctly), and so inherit that process's environment, not any shell's.

> I think there is a way to set a "global" environment variable in a
> plist
> somewhere,

That's ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist

> but I think it might be better to set it in the App bundle --
> is there a way to do that?

I haven't tested this, but I think that there's relevant documentation
at <http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPRuntimeConfig/Articles/PListKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001431-106825

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, UK