[Pythonmac-SIG] Should Python.app be an LSUIElement = 1 app?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 4 01:14:52 CET 2009

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> My development is of GUI apps, and I like being able to double-click on
> a Python script and have it do the Right Thing--that is, launch as a
> foreground GUI process in Tkinter.

I think it's clear that lot's of us want that. the question is, will the
proposal break that?

One option is that the GUI toolkits run the code to promote themselves
to a full GUI app. In which case, I think you're above scenario would
work. OF course, ALL the gui toolkits would have to add that code, but
if they did, would that meet your needs?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov