[Pythonmac-SIG] Should Python.app be an LSUIElement = 1 app?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Feb 3 17:49:01 CET 2009

Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> if I understand the
> LSUIElement document correctly the setting you propose would make it
> impossible to use "python sometkscript.py" to run a simple GUI script.

Then you misunderstand either LSUIElement, or the discussion so far.
What we'd like to do is to retain that capability.

Please read the Apple document I referenced earlier to get an idea of
what the three different classes of application are.  In any case, you
can always "promote" an app to a heavier-weight presence; what Apple
doesn't give us an interface for is to "demote" the app if it's been
promoted by accident.

Bill