[Pythonmac-SIG] Python-Ogre on Mac OS X?

Nehemiah Dacres vivacarlie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 04:27:44 CET 2008

  I am always hesitant to volenter for these things but I must take charge
of something. I must mind you that I have little power. I am a 4th year CS
student with knowledge of posix. Note that I didn't use the word good. I
know python, C and C++. I regularly use linux and Mac OS 10 and I have the
OSXbook <http://osxbook.com/> for reference. Its a little old because
it covers up to Tiger

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> wrote:

> I've just stumbled across the Python-Ogre project (
> http://www.pythonogre.com/).  It looks fantastic, but the only binary is
> for Windows.  That seems a little silly for a set of cross-platform-language
> bindings to a cross-platform library.  :)
>
> There are older build instructions for Mac OS X available, as well as Linux
> (and pretty much anything that works on Linux can be made to work on OS X).
>  And of course OS X has high-quality OpenGL drivers built in, and a great
> uniformity of hardware and OS configurations compared to Linux or Windows.
>  So it ought to be fairly easy to keep this running well on the Mac,
> enabling great Python 3D game development that's truly cross-platform.
>
> But I don't know if I can do all that myself... is anyone else here
> interested in this?  Perhaps we could share the maintenance.
>
> Best,
> - Joe

"lalalalala! it's not broken because I can use it"

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=194281&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=15927703