[Pythonmac-SIG] python23 under leopard (intel mac)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jan 23 07:55:27 CET 2008

On 21 Jan, 2008, at 19:58, j47 wrote:

> I am also having trouble with Python 2.3.6 under Leopard (yes, I'm
> stuck with
> this version).

That's too bad, this version is not supported on Leopard.

> Tried everything as below. I still get:
>
> Undefined symbols:
>  "__dummy", referenced from:
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [python.exe] Error 1
>
> Any ideas?

The error you're getting seems to be related to the build procedure,
hence I'd look into the differences in compiler/linker arguments
between 2.3.6 and 2.5.1 to try to detect what's going on.

Note that the python branch for 2.3.x is closed, it won't be possible
to get a patch for this into the repository.

Ronald