[Pythonmac-SIG] Pystone numbers for different Macs...

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Jan 23 04:22:17 CET 2008

Daniel Lord wrote:
> Kent,
>
> Thanks for the link. I am just lazy (that's why I like Python over
> C/CPP/ObjC when I can get away with it) and would prefer the lightweight
> (to design and code that is not as in process overhead) threads over
> separate application processes. But certainly you get more flexibility
> and power for the increased effort.

It looks from the examples like it may not be much effort. Certainly
designing a correct program with threading has some challenges also.

The 'processing' package explicitly attempts to mimic the API of threading:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/processing

The examples for pp look pretty straightforward as well:
http://www.parallelpython.com/content/view/17/31/

Kent