[Pythonmac-SIG] Re-beginner's simple question

Kenneth Miller xkenneth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 09:26:32 CET 2008

Charles,

        That seems normal. Here's a bash script I use for compiling my
application. I don't mess with the setup.py once it's generated, and
this bash script seems to do the trick.

rm -r build
rm -r dist

py2applet --make-setup Decoder.py
python setup.py py2app --include DUtils,LabVIEWWrapper --packages
PyDrill,mx,Ft,ZODB,persistent,transaction,zope --resources
config.xml,file1.xml,file2.xml,file3.xml,logs > compile.log

cp -r /usr/local/Zope-3.3.1-Python2.5/lib/python/zope/interface /
Teledrill/Applications/Python/Decoder/dist/Decoder.app/Contents/
Resources/lib/pytho
n2.5/zope/

The first two lines simply clean out the old build.
The third line creates the setup.py file.
The fourth line actually compiles the app. The include files are
two .py files, local modules, that i need to include. The packages are
python packages on the python path that I want to include for use. The
resources are include files that my app needs, i've obscured their
actual names, and the command dumps out to a log.
The last line is a really silly way to correct a bug in py2app. When i
tell it to include zope, it doesn't include the "interface" sub-
module, so I forcefully copy it into the app.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it, but it's worked for me
so far.

Good luck.

Also feel free to ask any time. I ask questions all of the time.

Regards,
Kenneth Miller