[Pythonmac-SIG] python program in menu bar

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Oct 5 04:58:33 CEST 2007

scott herzinger <scotthz at yahoo.com> writes:

> I assume, but don't know for certain, that MacBook keyboards are USB
> HID devices. In that case, this document:
>
> http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_11.pdf
>
> discusses extended HID usages, including those which can be used in
> toggling on/off controls, of which LEDs are one instance.
>
> From there, I'd go to the IOKit framework and see what APIs exist for
> playing with OOCs. IOHIDUsageTables.h contains useful constants.

Thanks for those pointers.  Unfortunately, I did a fair bit of googling
but couldn't find anything about how to play with OOCs.  The pdf you
linked to, and the .h file you mention, say to use "single button
toggle" mode, but I couldn't find anything about that, either.

Any other suggestions?  Is there a more appropriate mailing list I
should try?

Thanks,

Dan