[Pythonmac-SIG] Any way to use gcc 3.3 with universal build (on PPC)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 25 01:19:44 CEST 2006

Andrew Jaffe wrote:
> This does present a few problems: numpy actually has a fairly obscure
> bug on OSX with gcc 4.

Is this in the bug tracker and on the table for fixing before 1.0 comes
out? I hope so -- gcc4.* is not exactly bleeding edge anymore.

> More importantly, g77 and gcc 4.0 don't seem to
> play that well together

Yeah, this is a pain in the %$^$$! I'm disappointed that this hasn't
been fixed yet, but I'm not helping either, so what can I say?

There are a number of numpy users (and developers) on this list. Someone
must have gotten SciPy working by now! Anyone want to speak up?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov