[Pythonmac-SIG] plist.py

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Jul 24 23:15:05 CEST 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Robert White wrote:

> Kevin Reid, http://homepage.mac.com/kpreid/, has just released v1.2
> of plist.py which supports reading and writing xml1 plist files.  It
> converts the xml1 plist files to Python standard types such as
> dictionary, list, etc.  It will also write out properly structured
> Python types as plist xml1 files.  If you are not familiar with the
> xml1 format, please see the man pages for 'plutil'.  I have been
> using plist.py to adjust certain system plist files on new machines
> as part of an installation system that I have written in python and
> it has worked quite well for me.  You can find plist.py here if you
> are interested:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/kpreid/Mac/#plistpy

plist.py is incomplete (no dates!) and has some undesirable behavior
(a str->string mapping is more commonly useful than a str->data
mapping).

You should probably use the plistlib.py module in the standard
library, but make sure to pick it up from from Python 2.4 if using an
older version of Python.