[Pythonmac-SIG] [ANN] py2app 0.3.2

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Jul 21 03:31:10 CEST 2006

On Jul 20, 2006, at 6:17 PM, Kaweh Kazemi wrote:

> thanks for the warning.
>
> removed py2applet - i assume it was installed there by a previous
> py2app version, right? (i saw that you already updated the
> documentation accordingly to get rid of py2applet in http://
> svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html#uninstalling-
> py2app-0-2-x-or-earlier)

Yeah.

> changing the path order would be a problem (at least for me),
> wouldn't it?
>
> my python2.4 (and the approriate link 'python') is in /usr/local/bin
> (as installed with the latest Python Universal installer if i recall
> correctly) and if i type 'python' into the terminal i would like this
> version to be picked up and not the apple version in /usr/bin - which
> is python2.3 (and the link 'python' to it). i'm just confused if my
> setup is not correct, but anyways it works for me, so i believe i
> should be fine.

No. /usr/local/bin/python* is only there for backwards compatibility
with what previous installers did. The installer also adds this to
your .profile:

# Setting PATH for MacPython 2.4
# The orginal version is saved in .profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:${PATH}"

This directory has the actual python binaries, and this is where
distutils/setuptools install scripts to.