[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with open_app Action Event

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Jul 15 17:15:15 CEST 2006

On Jul 15, 2006, at 1:42 PM, has wrote:

> Stefan Holmer wrote:
>
>> Ok, well, then I'm pretty sure I'm actually using 2.4.3.
>
> I sent Ronald a patch for argvemulator in May. I believe it's in the
> 2.5 beta; I don't know if it's been applied to any 2.4.x releases
> yet; you'd need to ask.

It's not in any 2.4 release, it's not even in the 2.4-universal tree
yet. I don't have time to work on that tree at the moment, and would
prefer to merge that tree into the 2.4.x branch of the official
repository (as much is possible, some changes aren't acceptable for
the 2.4.x branch).

> All the other AE modules except Carbon.AE are completely broken on
> Intel due to endianness issues (and some on PPC too due to other
> bugs), but are unlikely to be fixed as they're all crude and crusty
> and obsoleted by appscript/aem/aemreceive anyway.

Right, don't use aepack, aetools and aetypes. Those modules are
broken on Intel and crufty enough that I don't intent to spent time
on understanding them.

Too be blunt, for Python 2.6 we should start some effort to remove
cruft from the mac part of the standard library and that probably
includes more than just apple-event support.

Ronald