[Pythonmac-SIG] framework on Intel

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Feb 26 18:05:26 CET 2006

On 26-feb-2006, at 2:08, Charles Hartman wrote:

> My interest in the universal build of 2.4.2 has gotten less abstract,
> because I just (just) got my Intel iMac.
>
> I guess I *might* figure out how to build Python 2.4 for myself,
> though it would be guaranteed to produce a lot of messages to list
> asking dumb questions . . .

You could use the tree at http://svn.pythonmac.org/python24/python24-
fat,
check out using subversion and then build using:

$ configure --enable-framework --enable-universal-sdk
$ make
$ sudo make frameworkinstall

Please let us know of the results. The installer for the universal
binary
is very close to being finished, I'm currently working on creating an
.mpkg instead of a single package. When that is finished we should have
a working installer of a universal python 2.4 build.

> So I'm wondering if the binary installer is still looking very close?
> Or would it be smarter for me to download the current 2.4.1 PPC
> version and run under Rosetta for a while? (It will work, right?)

Running the current version using Rosetta will work as well.

Ronald