[Pythonmac-SIG] framework on Intel

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sun Feb 26 02:08:45 CET 2006

My interest in the universal build of 2.4.2 has gotten less abstract,
because I just (just) got my Intel iMac.

I guess I *might* figure out how to build Python 2.4 for myself,
though it would be guaranteed to produce a lot of messages to list
asking dumb questions . . .

So I'm wondering if the binary installer is still looking very close?
Or would it be smarter for me to download the current 2.4.1 PPC
version and run under Rosetta for a while? (It will work, right?)

One project I anticipate soon is following the recipe to compile the
debugger part of WingIDE for Intel Macs, since apparently all of Wing
works except that.

Charles