[Pythonmac-SIG] How to fetch iCal todo description?

Paul Berkowitz berkowit at silcom.com
Sun Feb 12 00:47:29 CET 2006

On 2/11/06 3:19 PM, "skip at pobox.com" <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get the notes for a todo.

Which OS are you in?

In Panther, 'description' is missing from the AppleScript dictionary. In
Tiger, it's there (plus other stuff and several bug fixes). Since appscript
would be accessing the same attributes as AppleScript, that would be the
explanation, if you're in OS 10.3. Upgrade to Tiger.

(Or would it matter if has was in Panther when he wrote the appscript
libraries, even if you're in Tiger? I don't think that should matter: surely
you're getting your own iCal's aete. has?)

The first version or two of all the iApps are crap from the scriptability
angle. They seem to improve a lot with later versions: iCal in Tiger is
pretty good, as is Address Book in Panther (and Tiger).

Please always include which version of software and OS you're discussing.

--
Paul Berkowitz