[Pythonmac-SIG] How to fetch iCal todo description?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Feb 12 00:19:51 CET 2006

I'm plugging away at my little ical appscript interface.  The help postings
were, well, helpful.  Thanks for those.

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get the notes for a todo.  If I create
a todo via iCal and add a note to it, I don't see any property of the todo
instance that contains that note.  The HTMLDictionary output doesn't list
"description" or "note" as one of the properties of a todo item, yet it's
clearly there in iCal.  If I export my todos, I see a DESCRIPTION field in
the generated .ics file:

    BEGIN:VCALENDAR

    VERSION:2.0

    X-WR-CALNAME:Home

    BEGIN:VTODO

    PRIORITY:0

    DTSTAMP:20060211T195419Z

    UID:D83B6B12-9B38-11DA-9E55-0003939F0506

    SEQUENCE:6

    STATUS:COMPLETED

    DTSTART;TZID=America/Chicago:20060211T132904

    SUMMARY:another release

    COMPLETED:20060211T060000Z

    DUE;TZID=America/Chicago:20060221T000000

    END:VTODO

    END:VCALENDAR

Any clue how I can fetch it via appscript?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro
http://www.musi-cal.com/