[Pythonmac-SIG] Fink vs. MacPython

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Feb 11 23:43:10 CET 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> This whole gigantic discussion is about making MacPython more
> friendly.  To do so, we must consolidate our efforts and offer
> documentation and support for One Way To Do It, which is going to be
> a framework build of Python 2.4.2 with a lot of hacks to make it
> universal.

(--and easy -- e.g., auto-fixing of the PATH . . .)

I agree whole-heartedly that this is the core of what we're trying to
do.

So Darwinports, Fink, and (dare I say it) even ActiveState are really
beside the point. All worth a mention, somewhere in something pointed
to from the main page, but clearly off the trail we're trying to make
clear.

Charles