[Pythonmac-SIG] New Page, first proposal

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Feb 9 04:24:53 CET 2006

> I am one of those too, of course, but I do know a lot of Mac users
> who spend most of their time in applications like Photoshop,
> Dreamweaver, BBEdit, etc. and rarely venture towards the Terminal.
> Not quite the same audience, but at least some of them would be
> potential Python users by way of appscript or web development tools.

Sure, that make perfect sense.

> > But my point was simply that it seems hard to be a Mac user these days
> > without some basic use of the Terminal.
>
> That's not true at all.

OK, I'm probably the wrong person to assess that.

So it seems that a old Unix-style Python program which reads from
stdin (or a file or a tty) and writes to stdout would be difficult to
explain to someone who has never used a command line.  And there's
essentially no way to get Idle started without using a command line.

Bill