[Pythonmac-SIG] New Page, first proposal

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Feb 9 04:01:47 CET 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:

> Bob Ippolito reponds to my question:
>>> Do these people still exist?  This sounds like a 2001-2002 point,
>>> back
>>> when most existing Mac users were used to System 7/8/9.
>>
>> Of course they exist.  Used to the Mac is used to the Mac, whether or
>> not UNIX happens to be living underneath these days.
>
> I seem to know a lot of Mac users where Unix lives on top, not
> underneath.  Would be interesting to do a field study to investigate
> the changing demographics of Mac users.

I am one of those too, of course, but I do know a lot of Mac users
who spend most of their time in applications like Photoshop,
Dreamweaver, BBEdit, etc. and rarely venture towards the Terminal.
Not quite the same audience, but at least some of them would be
potential Python users by way of appscript or web development tools.

> But my point was simply that it seems hard to be a Mac user these days
> without some basic use of the Terminal.

That's not true at all.