[Pythonmac-SIG] Pythonmac-SIG Digest, Vol 40, Issue 25

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Tue Aug 29 10:46:21 CEST 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 5:28 AM, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:

> patches like this:
>
> # cd Python-2.5c1
> # patch -p0 < ~/Mac-PythonLauncher-Makefile.in.diff
> # patch < ~/configure.diff
>

> I invoked configure like this:
>
> # CC=icc CXX=icpc OPT="-xT -O3 -fstack-security-check -fpic -
> parallel" ICC_LIBS="-L/opt/intel/cc/9.1.029/lib -lirc -limf" ./
> configure --enable-framework
>
> This tells the compiler to optimize for the Woodcrest or Merom
> processor; to optimize for Core Solo/Duo, use -xP. I can reliably
> trip a compiler error if I use -axT, which tries to accommodate
> both types of processor.

Boyd

you might already know the newest version of the intel compilers is
version 30...
so you might want to try that...

so what about a build that is compatible with both core duo/solo and
the Woodcrest/Merom ?
Did you spot what compiler flags to use for that? Should it in fact
be -axT, or is that a bogus flag?
We are gonna have to so that for building software to distribute...

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35