[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and Django

Rob Hudson treborhudson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 05:47:37 CEST 2006

(My apologies if this starts a new thread -- I'm posting from a
different mailing address and don't have the original email to reply to)

 > Django can not be packaged normally because it has in-package data
 > files. It won't work with either py2exe or py2app without tweaking.

Can you point me to or help me understand what in-package data files are
and why this affects it?

 > It may Just Work (or come close to that) with the --packages option.
 > It will definitely not work using any number of --includes options,
 > because that's not the issue.

OK.  I'll start experimenting with the --packages option.

I feel like I've started to make significant progress.  I've got a lot
of the Django stack up and running but it looks like it is failing at
getting some core parts of the database pieces loaded.  I've been
posting my progress on the Django mailing list here:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/609f539387ba8296

Thanks for the response.

-Rob