[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonLauncher replacement for Python 2.4.x universal builds?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 1 18:58:02 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Alias bundles remove the pain of rebuilding for frequently changing
> scripts. Not that big of a deal to make one.
>
> py2applet -A someapp.py
> open someapp.app

Of course, that's still one more step than just running the script from
the command line:

./someapp.py

Which is just as easy, or easier, than double clicking on something in
the finder anyway, but we all have our favorite methods of working.

A few hints, if you do want use the command line:

1) get "Open Terminal Here" (google it). It lets you put a button on the
Finder that opens a Terminal, then changes to the current folder int eh
finder -- very handy.

2) alt+tab will switch between windows, so when you have done some
editing, you can just alt+tab, and you're in the terminal, then hit the
up arrow, and you get your previous command back, then enter to run it.

Nice to have you up and working with the latest Kevin -- the more
testers the better.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov