[Pythonmac-SIG] OT: auto launch X11 prefs

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:10:36 CEST 2005

Sorry to abuse this list with an off-topic OS X question: time is very
short for me because I am trying to get ready for a presentation this
morning and I need to tap into your collective brains.

I installed open office X11 edition last night and when it completed
at launch time it asked me for my X11 install.  I errantly pointed it
to my Xcode app, and now whenever I try to launch open office it
launches xcode and this fails with an inability to connect to X11
message.

Now, when I relaunch (after a clean install in which I flushed the
install dir) it autolaunches xcode w/o asking.  So this looks like a
system preference.  Any suggestions as to how to reset it?  I checked
the System Preference folder but nothing leapt out at me.  Nor did the
finder preferences help....

Thanks!
JDH