[Pythonmac-SIG] Xcode build button disabled, plus build failure

Jeffrey E. Forcier jforcier at strozllc.com
Mon Sep 19 18:26:04 CEST 2005

Greets all,

Just started learning PyObjC/Cocoa/XCode/IB over the past week, and
ran into the same issue. Turns out that just creating a Custom
Executable pointing at the py2app build location will do the trick.

Also, I ran into an issue where any default PyObjC project will fail
on build (either in XCode or via python setup.py py2app manually).
Found a solution to that too. I forget the specifics, but somewhere
in py2app's source it expects a certain directory structure which is
slightly different from whatever the default PyObjC template sets up.

The solution, for me, is to remove localization from the nib file,
e.g. do a Get Info on MainMenu.nib in XCode, and click the 'Remove
All Localizations' button. This has the effect of moving MainMenu.nib
from $PROJECT_DIR/English.lproj/ to $PROJECT_DIR/.

After making that change, the project builds successfully.

Regards,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey E. Forcier
Junior Developer, Research and Development

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.