[Pythonmac-SIG] py-rdiff-backup?

Chinook chinook.nr at tds.net
Sun Sep 18 06:26:59 CEST 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:

>    Lee> I would like to checkout rdiff-backup usage on Mac OS X (10.4.2)
>
>    Lee> 1)  Are there any other such users out there?
>
>I use rdiff-backup from time-to-time between my laptop and my G5.  Both are
>running 10.3.9 though.  Sorry, I can't help with ACL and EA support.  (I've
>not even got a clue what "EA" means.)

Fair-nuf Skip and thanks for the reply.

Extended attributes (EAs) extend the basic attributes of files and
directories in a file system.  They did not appear (to my knowledge) in
OS X until Tiger.  So you would not have encountered them I guess.

So, in Panther have you noticed any rdiff induced problems with time
stamps, permissions, forks, whatever?

Thanks again,
Lee C