[Pythonmac-SIG] get reference

Zhi Peng zhiyong_peng2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 19:14:14 CEST 2005

Hi! All

First of all, Thanks for all your answers for my
qestions.

1. In appscript commands set, I often see something
like

reference.bring_to_front()
reference.extract_label()
application.open()
etc

Application can accept all commands it should accept
and respond to the commands.

I knew the 'application" is 'app("Adobe InDesign
CS2")' but what is the reference? I assume it is
anObject or python object. How could we get the
reference? Because all we get is something with type
appscript.specifier.specifier. It seems not an Object
as Has's mail mentioned. With the specifier, one may
not be able to send commands to it.
For example,
page = app("Adobe InDesign
CS2").open("filename").pages[0]

This 'page' is not a reference, which can not accept
any command that page object should accept.

Is there any way that I can convert or get the
reference or object instead of specifier?  I would
like to hold that reference object.

Thanks