[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App and GTK+

David Warde-Farley david.warde.farley at utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 22 23:14:17 CEST 2005

(Apologies to the author, I neglected to reply to the list as well the first time)

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 12:00:56PM -0400, Kevin Conaway wrote:
> The Py2App site suggested that there was some kind of workaround that must
> be used in order to get Py2App to work with GTK+ applications.
>
> Could anyone explain this workaround to me?
>
> Any other helpful suggestions on packaging GTK+ applications for OSX would
> be appreciated.

I would imagine that since GTK+ isn't a library standardly available on
OS X, you'd need to somehow get the dylibs into your .app package. Not
too sure how you'd do this with Py2app but I think it would be possible
to insert them after the fact (never tried it, so caveat emptor).

Check out this package for some hints: http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

Good luck,
- David Warde-Farley