[Pythonmac-SIG] book recommendation

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Tue Nov 15 22:50:18 CET 2005

Hi David,

While no one book covers all of Cocoa, going through a book can help
give you a "feel" for how Cocoa programs come together.  I've often
caught myself making things *way* more difficult than they need to be
before I discovered the Coccoa Way To Do It.  I'm still learning the
Cocoa Way, but it is worth the effort.

I've found that both the Hillegass[1] and Garfinkel[2] books were
worth reading, as have quite different approaches and cover different
parts of Cocoa to some degree.  I've heard good things about the
Anguish[3] book, and while I haven't read it, I have read his earlier
book and have high expectations of this one.

Finally, keeping something like AppKiDo[4] around can help you
navigate the Apple documentation more readily.

I hope that helps.

--Dethe

[1] Aaron Hillegass, Cocoa Programming for OS X, ISBN: 0321213149
[2] Garfinkel and Mahoney, Building Cocoa Applications: A Step by
Step Guide, ISBN: 0596002351
[3] Scott Anguish, et al., Cocoa Programming, ISBN: 0672322307
[4] http://homepage.mac.com/aglee/downloads/appkido.html