[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript Container Errors

Paul Davis pjdavis at engineering.uiowa.edu
Sat Nov 12 05:43:04 CET 2005

Before I start I'd just like to say I'm not sure if this is the most
appropriate place for Appscript questions, but its been one of the more
helpful places to look for answers which is why I'm shooting in this
direction in the dark.

A bit of background, I'm currently working on a project that interfaces
with OmniGraffle.  While I don't expect any application specific
answers, I'm looking for a bit of info on what some specific errors
mean.  Any specific clues on how to use the type of error as an idea on
how to debug would be most welcome.  Ie. general situations which would
cause the error stuff of that nature.

NSContainerSpecifierError
I'm getting this when attempting to use the make command.  I'm under the
the general assumption that this means the point at which I'm trying to
insert my new object is not willing to accept the creation of that type
of object.  I was wondering if someone could shine any light on this.
Is there a deeper meaning here that I'm missing.

NSArgumentsWrongScriptError
I'm assuming this means, "Hey, dummy, you gave me an apple when I asked
for an orange."
Or something.

NSUnknownKeyScriptError
errmmm....

Anyway, those are the main ones I've been seeing.

Much obliged,
Paul Davis