[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

konrad.hinsen@laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Mon May 9 17:22:36 CEST 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 17:05, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> It should be, are you sure it's not?  If the module links to the
> dylib, it will get picked

Ahh... I found it. It's in "Frameworks", where I wouldn't have expected
it, considering that it's not from any framework. But if that's what
works, I don't mind :-)

The reason my application didn't work was a different one: it picked up
inappropriate modules from PYTHONPATH. I fixed this by setting sys.path
explicitly in __boot__.py, but I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea
in general to make packaged Python applications ignore PYTHONPATH
altogether (by setting it to something empty in the startup stub). I
have some good reasons to use PYTHONPATH in my setup, and I know how to
handle it, but I don't expect double-clickable applications (about
which I normally don't even need to know that they were written in
Python) to be affected by it.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,